So this week was pretty much the best week of my mission so far. So many good things happened. Yesterday (Sunday) especially was great. Yesterday we taught 2 member present lessons, 3 other lessons, 1 active member lesson, and 1 less active member lesson and found 3 new investigators and that was all from the hours of 12-7. We had church from 9-12 and then we studied from 7 to the end of the night. It was crazy. I couldn't believe it. God has blessed us in so many ways. We also reached every single one of our weekly goals this week except our investigators at sacrament meeting goal. I have never done that before. Elder Taylor has really helped this area take off. Ever since I've gotten to this area 5 months ago (doesn't seem that long ago does it?) I've felt that there was so much potential in this area and so much just waiting to happen and now it seems that things are starting to happen. People have started coming up to us and start talking to us about how they've seen us around and they've meant to talk to us but haven't had the chance. It was pretty cool. Lots of good things have been happening. The only thing that could've made it better is if Steve had come to church but he had a pretty good reason. (For more info about Steve look below)
Steve- Steve's doing pretty well. We went and saw him on Wednesday and we had a good lesson. Our ward mission leader, Brother Snedaker was with us. He was really bold with Steve and told him that he's been meeting with the missionaries for 6ish months on and off and he hasn't been to church and B. Snedaker told him that to know that this is God's ONE true church he has to come. Steve was dead set on coming and when we called him Saturday afternoon he said that he was going out to get a suit for church the next day. So you're probably wondering the reason why he didn't come. Well in long story short he lives with his girlfriend and basically he told us yesterday afternoon when we called to see how he was doing and why he didn't make it to church that when we'd been coming over afterward that Nicole, the girlfriend, was basically making fun of him and saying "you're not really going to join are you?" and things like that and according to Steve it's just a big joke to her so he finally said that's it you're gone and he's booting her out from what I understand and he was up until 5 in the morning packing her stuff and so he went to bed at 5 and was going to get up to go to church but next thing he knew it was 1130 in the morning so he missed it. So it was a bummer but at least his girlfriend is most likely leaving so they wont be living together anymore which will make teaching the Law of Chastity a lot easier.
But ya that's pretty much my week in a nutshell. Super awesome. The Lord has blessed us so much this week. Elder Taylor has brought a lot of Elder Baker fire with him and it's really helping the area a lot. (Elder Taylor was just trained by Elder Baker)
Mom- I'll probably be talking to Elder Calaway today because we're going down to Philly to play basketball and I believe he's planning on coming so I'll have to let you know what I find out when we email next week. Thank you so much for all you do. I obviously couldn't do it without you. Also do you know when registration for BYU-I is?
Dad- I do remember Wade. I don't really remember him but I remember he has a son my age or close to it. I may be completely wrong but it runs in my mind that his name is Pete or something like that. Maybe I'm nuts. It's cool that you got to catch up with your best friend. That sounds like it was a cool experience. Also I listened to that solo and ensemble thing of Austins and I still couldn't tell which one was him. I can guess but I'm not sure. When you say Austin still raves about how amazing his older brothers are I hope he wasn't talking about our singing voices. We're not bad but we're no super star. If his voice is the one I think it is then he's A LOT better than we were. (Jordan sorry I'm just making assumptions. If I've offended you I'm sorry. (Oh I just thought of a line from Legacy, the church movie. If you ever watch it it's the part where David walker is cutting stone and he just took Eliza to the dance and wants to marry her and Jacob, the oldish balding guy comes up and says something to the effect of "ill feelings between brothers is not a good thing brother walker. I hold none for you." Then David Walker says "I the same. If I've offended you in anyway I'm sorry. Truly. I am.) That's what you get for having a DVD player in your apartment to watch church materials with and one of your companions spends his lunch time watching them. You get pretty familiar with church movies. so ya that's why I'm a nerd.) ANYWAY... that was a huge distraction. If it didn't make sense I'm sorry. So back to the point obviously Austins voice has changed a bunch in a year and a half. I don't recognize it. So I'm imagining Austin knocking my socks off with his voice. (No pressure). so ya So was Austin singing the melody? If so I think I recognize the voice.
Natasha- I'm glad you had a good week. I still don't think you'll be able to beat me. When I get home I'm going to dunk on you big time and then you'll have to pick up your pride from all over the place because I'll shatter it into pieces. You better practice big time and grow about a foot and a half if you want to beat me.
Hehehe I'm a character aren't I. I can talk smack too.
Shaylee- I hope all is good for you. Have fun in school.
Austin- So I hear your voice is going to knock my socks off? It looks like I might not have to tell you to stop singing all the time anymore like I used to. Did you have the 2nd solo in the song and you say something like hah zannee saw eww tee and then you hold it out for a little bit then the whole group comes in for a few words and then you say the same thing again and then the whole group comes in and then the piano comes in with the bottom hand thing? Please respond to this I would like to know if I'm nuts or I know what I'm talking about.
Jordan- I hope you had a good week. I think it would be pretty cool to go into that lawyer place. I think that would be pretty cool also. I hope this week was a good one. Keep up the good work and be obedient.
Well I better wrap up. I love you all. I know that this church is true. Being a missionary is the best thing ever. The opportunity to represent Jesus Christ and be able to testify to people and say "as a representative of Jesus Christ..." is the best thing ever. I love being able to testify of Him and his infinite goodness. God truly does love us and wants us to be happy. I know he lives. The Book of Mormon is the word of God for us today. "Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear; till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done." (The Standard of Truth) and we all get to take part in it. It is truly a blessing from a gracious Heavenly Father. I have been blessed so much. I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. There is no way I will ever be able to repay them so I'll have just have to do the best that I can to do all that I can. The Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored and I know it.
Love,
Elder John Schouten
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.