So this week was a decent one until last night (Sunday). So in a nutshell Matt Gambale isn't on for baptism. It's kind of frustrating too because there isn't really anything we can do about it right now. So we were finishing our studies last night, (Since church is in the middle of our study time the mission president still wants us to study so we planned our study time during the super bowl because we figured nobody would want to talk to us) and then Matt texted us and said "I don't think that the church is for me if I'm going to be pressured into making life changing decisions when I'm going through a tough time. Thanks for all your support. No hard feelings." We tried calling him but he wouldn't pick up so we sent him a text saying that we don't want him to feel rushed and that if he was we were sorry and that we come so that we can help him find happieness through following Jesus Christ. Also that we know that this will help him and we asked if we could at least talk about it but we haven't heard anything from him. It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating to have an investigator drop you and not be willing to talk to you about it. (For all you future daters out there if you have to dump a girlfriend or a boyfriend and I find out you did it through a text I will shoot you. Be a man, or woman, and tell them to their face, or at the very least call them. Don't just take the cowards way out and text them. Also hold me to this. I don't plan on dumping someone through a text but if I do come down on me. So ya have the courage to tell it to their face.) Anyway... The situation we're in right now is a extremely difficult one. We don't want to call or text him too much because we don't want to push him away but we also can't just sit around and do nothing. It's so frustrating. I can't do anything. All I can do is pray, and I've been doing a lot of that, and wait. Situations like this are hard for me. I've always been intelligent and have pretty much known what I've needed to do when situations come up, whether or not I actually do what I need to was a different story, but now I'm in a situation where I don't know what to do and there isn't anything I can do. We're basically in a helpless situation. All we can do is pray and hope that something happens.
We went and saw him, Matt, Saturday night and Satan had been working on him REAL hard. He had some doubts and was really putting on the breaks( or however you spell it). But we had a really spiritual lesson with him and he felt a lot better. By the way testimony really helps your investigators. We bore really strong testimony and he felt it. After the lesson he felt a lot better. Then Sunday came along and he didn't show up to church so we were sitting in sacrament meeting and the testimonies had just started and I got the feeling that we should go see him. So we did. We left church and went to see him. Apparently he was pretty sick and didn't look too good either. But we asked if he wanted a blessing and he said yes and he felt a lot better afterwards and looked a lot better also. Then we left. Then later that night he dumped us. So it's all in the air right now. So if ya'll could pray for him that would be great. Any help would be appreciated.
But other than that our week wasn't bad. We got our car back and the Korean kids are still on track for their baptism. We're excited for them. They are good, smart kids.
Mom- I got the package that you sent me this morning. Thank you so much. The cookies are really good, my companion thinks so too. Also have you gotten any of those newsletter things lately? Also I've been talking to Elder Callaway (the guy I would like to room with at BYU-I, assuming he gets in) and he said the ridge is pretty good. Would you look up the comparison between the Ridge and Nauvoo house and tell me about them. I would like to be able to make a good decision and I also don't want to have to chop off my right arm and sell it to pay for school. If you could do that that would be great.
Dad- Have fun building the set and I hope nobody breaks an ankle or kills themselves. Hopefully they break a leg though, right? hahahahaha That was a funny one.
Natasha- You talked about the noise "psch" and how it means "whatever" or "ya right" So this is what I have to say about you beating me in basketball. Psch, you wish. If you beat me I'll take you out to ice cream.
Austin- No response? Are you still okay? How are things?
Shaylee- I like your letters too.
Jordan- Your story about that guy saying "I don't have time guys, I have to go kill some people" is pretty funny. Oh the funny stories you acquire on your mission. I hope that this next week goes better for you.
Well I love you all and know that the gospel is true. God loves us. No matter what others say God loves us and has restored the Gospel of Jesus Christ to make us happy. Only through following Christ can we find true happieness. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and it was translated by a prophet of God, Joseph Smith. I have found so much happieness serving the Lord. Even when people fall through or choose not to accept the Gospel I am still happy. I know that this is Gods work. He wants us to be happy and sharing the gospel is the best way to do it. Lose yourself in the service of others.
Love you all and have a good week.
Elder John Schouten
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.