We had another good week this week. We had a really awesome experience. Tuesday morning we had a lady named Michelle Sikora (we had no idea who she was) call us out of the blue and basically tell us that she had met with the missionaries about a year ago and wanted to get baptized but got super busy and wanted life to settle down a little bit before she got baptized and stopped but now she realized that she had it backward and realized that things probably weren't going to settle down and that she wanted to set a good example for her 19 month old son and wants to raise him in the church. So long story short she is super awesome and we met with her twice last week and in the very first meeting she told us that she already knew that the church was true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet. We finished the Joseph Smith story/first vision experience and we asked her how she felt and she said "Because I've had the lessons before I kind of know what's coming and that part (first vision) is pretty much my favorite part." We asked why and she said that "I get all tingly when I hear that." It was really cool. She has a baptismal date for the 22nd of April but will probably be ready before then. And she came to sacrament meeting yesterday. She was only able to stay for the sacrament meeting portion but at least she came. It was a really cool experience. God truly is preparing his children for the Gospel as it says in Alma 13:24
24 For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory.
We haven't been able to really see Matt Gambale this week. He's always been not very responsive to phone calls or texts and we haven't been able to reach him that way and because he lives pretty far away we don't get up into his city that often so we were only able to stop by once but he wasn't home. So I'll keep ya posted on him.
But ya that's the most notable parts from this week.
Mom- Is Jordan Davis the guy who played Charlie Brown in Austin's play in Jr. High? That name sounds familiar. I'm glad he could pull it together. It would really stink to know that you're voice is stinking up the show. I know I would feel HORRIBLE. I would probably give up and die. (Well probably not that extreme but I wouldn't be a happy camper at all. I'd be pretty down.) I'm glad he could pull it together. Classes- I'm not exactly how the whole classes thing is going to work. We have Zone Conference tomorrow so I'll ask president Schafermeyer or the assistants and see what they say. I would appreciate it if you still looked up stuff though. That would be a huge help. I don't even remember what exactly I need to take. I do remember that there was some major that had specifically to do with physical therapy, which I still want to look into, the name didn't have physical therapy in it though. I would like to be able to take some gym classes or guitar or something so just let me know what you're thinking so we can coordinate.
I'll let you know when I find out anything about housing if I do.
Dad- I'm glad to hear you had fun with the play and all that stuff. That sounds really cool that you were able to make all the DVD's and posters and that so many people wanted them. I'm glad to hear it went well. It sounds like you had a really fun night. 6:41am? That's gross. I like the 1030-630 sleeping time as a missionary. 9-noon? Yuck.
You said the teachers are going to region? Austin isn't in teachers. Oh... wait you're in the young men's presidency huh? So you're probably over the teachers? Who's in teachers nowadays? I hope they do better than we did when we went to region and got jipped. (Jordan do you remember going to region and losing by a bum call by the ref and by just a little bit to the team who ended up winning it all? That wasn't fun.)
Jordan- I hope all is well and that you're having fun. Stay positive. When you're negative missionary work stinks. There are lots of hard things about missionary work and if you only look at the hard things you're going to hate life. Instead look at the positive. (I'm not preaching to you to tell you to be shape up. I'm just sharing what I've learned.)
Austin- How did you like the play. You don't have it anymore so you should be able to take some time and write us now because we haven't gotten a letter a long time. (HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT!) Have fun in High School. Just be yourself and have fun. Who cares what everyone else says. In two years you wont see 90% of them ever again. (Except for maybe a high school reunion but those don't happen too often.) Just live your best and it wont matter what others say. They'll admire you. Keep up the good work.
Natasha- I really liked your ventriloquist joke. It made me laugh pretty good. How did you like giving your talk? I'm glad you all had fun at the play.
Shaylee- I hear that you are quite the actress. Too bad I couldn't see your play. You should write me and tell me about it.
I love you all. I know that God live and that he loves us. He wants, more that anything, for us to return to live with Him again but it's all our choice. We have to choose to live with him again. God's plan is entirely based upon our agency. We have to choose to be happy and to be able to live with God again. The Gospel of Jesus Christ has truly been restored again on the earth and this is just the beginning of it sweeping all the nations. What a great blessing it is to be able to take part in this great work. I know the Church is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Jesus Christ died for us and suffered for our sins. Without Him we couldn't live with God again. I'm so grateful that He loved us enough to die for us.
Love,
Elder John Schouten
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.