Monday, March 19

John: 3/19/2012

We got back in contact with Matt Gambale this week!  Here is my little life lesson I relearned this week when we saw him.  Obedience is the only way we receive blessings.  D&C 130:20-21 says something to the effect that there is a law that's been around since before the world came around that says if we obey God's laws we'll be blessed.  In a nut shell Matt has been doing some dumb stuff because he has been trying to run away from his problems and he's realized that it isn't working.  So he wants to stop that and turn around.  We saw him Saturday night and talked to him and were basically pretty bold and in nicer words than these we said "Doing stupid things and not following God isn't going to make you happy.  The only way to true happiness is through following Jesus Christ so man up and commit if you really want this."  He says he's all in and we extended a baptismal date for the 8th of April, which is Easter.  He's an awesome guy and has lots of potential.  We just have to help him stay on the right track.

 

Michelle is doing well also.  Elder Taylor saw her on Thursday night while I was on exchange up in Doylestown.  She didn't come to church but we are going to be seeing her this Tuesday night which should be good.  We're going to have to make sure that she really makes time for the gospel because she is super busy and setting apart 1 hour, two nights a week isn't too bad but 3 hours on a single day?  I think she might think that as a little too much so we're going to have to help her see the importance of coming to all 3 hours of church. But other than that she's doing really well.

 

This last Tuesday we had Zone Conference.  It was great!  President Schaefermeyer is the greatest.  He has so much knowledge.  I could just sit all day and listen to him and learn tons.  In zone conference we talked about the importance of Charity.  We talked about how on our missions we are aiming to become truly converted missionaries and that the only way that we're going to do that is through developing Charity.  It was a great conference and I don't have the time nor room to write everything that we learned.  It was a great conference.

 

Transfers:  It's that time again.  The end of the transfer is March 25th so I could be getting transferred.  I sure hope not especially since there is so much happening in this area.  I hope I don't leave but "I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord."  (Hymn 270).

 

I just made a CD with the pictures on my memory card and I'll send that home sometime when I get the time to stop by the post office.

 

Natasha- You're sick?  Me too!  I don't think I'm anywhere as sick as you but I think I've got a problem with my voice.  I thought it was just that I had a bunch of mucus on my vocal chords but I'm beginning to think that it's more than that. I think I have a problem with my tonsils.  This is the second time in the last month that I've had a little bit of a sore throat.  I hope you get better.  pneumonia doesn't sound very fun.

 

Mom- I called President Schaefermeyer about school and he said to register for classes I'm going to have to get on the BYU-I site and register so I'll look around and see and I'll keep in touch with anything I find.  Let me know if you find, or have found anything.  That way that Bishop Linton described repentance is so true.  Repentance doesn't mean just stopping doing that bad things that you do but changing and replacing that bad thing with something that is good and more Christlike. 

 

Jordan- I really liked what you said about the temple.  But I don't feel sorry for you that it's taken 8 months to get there.  I haven't been able to attend the temple for over 1 1/2 years.  It stinks.  I think I get to go in May though.  I'm super excited.  I'm glad you were really able to learn there.  I know there is SOOOO much to learn there.  It's just one of those things where you can tell that a whole bunch of symbolism and knowledge of how God does things is going right over your head.  I can't wait to go back.

 

Austin- WRITE US SILLY HEAD!  I agree with what Jordan said.  I'm going to use the words of Elder Baker, an old companion, to my current companion.  "Keep in touch, or die."  enough said

 

Shaylee- I hear that you're a pretty good singer.  I'll have to hear your songs when I get back home.

 

Dad- I also ask what Jordan asked.  Who are the 2 real good players?  I also don't have any idea who is in teachers anymore.

 

I love you all and I know that God loves us.  He is our Father and wants the best for us and that everything that He does is for our benefit.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that he truly loves us unconditionally.  He died for us so that we could return to live with Him and our Heavenly Father.  That is the ultimate goal.  Return to live with God.  I know that through following the Gospel of Jesus Christ, (Faith, repentance, baptism, getting the holy ghost, and enduring to the end) we can return to live with Him.  The Book of Mormon is the word of God.  God has given it to us for a great reason.  We must spread it to all that we meet and come in contact with.  I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Gods church restored to the earth in these latter days.  We are led by a prophet today, Thomas S. Monson.  He is the voice of God for us.  I know God loves us.

 

Love,

Elder John Schouten

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.