Monday, March 26

John: 3/26/2012

Well I'm getting transferred.  I found out Saturday afternoon and I leave Souderton Tuesday morning.  So I am still in Souderton today.  I will find out where I'm going tomorrow.  I'll let you know when I can.  I do know that I'm not going to be a district leader anymore and that I will be, "golden refining" or "greenie busting"  basically I will be the 2nd companion to someone.  I don't know who.  President Schaefermeyer shot us a text this morning and asked us to call him when we have a free moment and I did and he told me that I'm being released as a district leader and that my next companion is a good one and I'll get to do a little golden refining.  I don't know if that means he didn't get trained very well and I get to bust him out of it or if I'll just be his second companion. I'll be interested to see who he is and where I'm going.  But oh well speculating doesn't do anything except make me wonder about things I can't control.

 

So other than me getting transferred there hasn't really been anything too earth shaking happen this week.  It was another good week.  I'm sad that I'm leaving Souderton.  I really love this area and the people in it, especially the members.  There are so many good members in this area that I've developed a good friendship with.  I'm sad to see it end.  The bishop in the ward gave me a call this morning and thanked me for being a good missionary and for working hard and said that he really enjoyed working with me and thanked me for everything I've done.  It was a really nice call to receive. 

 

Matt Gambale is doing well.  He seems to be doing really well.  It's too bad that I wont get to be here for his baptism but oh well.  Some other missionary is going to be super lucky and have to rock solid baptisms.

 

Michelle Sikora- She is the lady that just called us out of the blue.  She is doing really well also.  We've talked to her this week about setting her priorities and putting God first.  She has made mention that she's "too busy to sin" but we've talked to her that it might not be a a bunch of things that she has to give us but there will be things that she has to make time for, like going to church and reading and praying everyday.  She's understood really well and she is doing awesome.

 

This transfer has been really great.  I'm so glad to have served here in Souderton.  I've really been happy serving here.  Serving a mission is the best thing I could be doing right now.  I know that sounds cliche but it's true.

 

The weather here has been really nice this last week.  It's been around 70-75 for most of the week.  Saturday was a little cold but that was about it.  It's been really nice weather.

 

Austin- You're going on the bio trip? That sounds like a blast.  Have fun for me and don't be a coward.  Go on all the big rides.  Have fun in school and don't do drugs. (That's just a saying.  I'm not implying that you do drugs.)

 

Mom- how big was the hole that that stump left?  It required 6 pickup beds full of dirt to fill that thing?  That sounds like to me that you had a meteor hit the yard and make a crater.  6 FULL pickup beds?  That's a lot of dirt.  I give you props for hauling all that dirt.  Also with school.  I called President Schaefermeyer and asked him about school and he said that I could register for myself.  So I don't think we'll have to do the really long process of asking you questions week by week through email.  So it looks like I can do it myself when the time comes.

 

Dad- You built another set of steps up to the door on the side of the house?  What was wrong with the old ones?  Were they rotting or something?

 

Natasha- I haven't gotten a letter from you.  If you sent it to my apartment then I hope I get it today because I wont be here past today.  If you sent it to the mission office then I'll be fine and I'll probably get it pretty soon.  Also I'm glad to hear that you aren't sick anymore.  Being sick is no fun.  I just had laryngitis this last week and that wasn't any fun.  I could hardly talk.  I didn't feel bad but I couldn't talk which is really important in missionary work.

 

Shaylee- Thank you for writing us.  You are doing a running club? That sounds like fun.  That's really cool.  Running will get you in really good shape and then you'll be able to beat me up when I get home.  hahaha

 

Jordan-  I hope you are having fun in your area.  If you're not having fun as a missionary then you're not doing something right.  Missionary work is supposed to be fun.  It's hard but fun.  Keep up the hard work.  By the way.. what is the weather like there right now?

 

I love you all and I know that God is watching over us.  He cares for us and wants us to be happy.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way to true happiness.  That is why God gives us the Gospel.  It's the only way to find true happiness.  I'm so grateful for the Savior and what He has done for us.  He died for our sins.  At this Easter time we should be grateful for His sacrifice for us.  Without it life would have no point.  The Book of Mormon is true.  The church is led by a living prophet today, Thomas S. Monson.  I know that the gospel is for everyone.

 

Love,

Elder John Schouten

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.