Monday, March 5

John: 3/5/2012

Well this week was pretty much just as good as the last one.  Our area is really starting to take off.  We are finding a lot of new investigators, granted lots of them aren't super solid and it's just teach a little lesson on the door and commit them to something and set up another appointment and come back but we're still seeing progress.  Lots of good things are happening.  Oh ya we also got back in contact with Matt Gambale!  In a nutshell we stopped by and introduced Elder Taylor and then he said that he'd be in touch and then that night he called us and we were able to set something up.  The only problem is he is still afraid of commiting so we're going to be talking about the Plan of Salvation while focusing on Agency and committing.  He is still afraid to make big decisions in his life so we're going to have to work on that and help him have the faith and help him see the answers he's getting in his life.  But at least he's talking to us and doesn't hate us. (I didn't ever think that he hated us.)

 

We've been trying to build up our teaching pool with interested investigators.  It's coming along.  We got Matt and we're working with a few other people to try to help them become interested enough to commit and make the necessary changes in their lives. 

 

We've also been working a lot more with the members and we've already been seeing results.  Nothing in the form of solid baptizable (Is that a word?  I don't know but you get the picture) investigators but we've been tying a ribbon around the members wrists to remind them to do missionary work and we've already had several members come up to us and tell us about their experiences with sharing the gospel.  It's awesome!  Lots of great things are happening in this area and God is definitely leading us.  It's great to see the Lord's hand in the work.

 

Mom- Housing: Just sign me up for Nauvoo house.  I haven't really been able to talk to Elder Calaway that much and $200 is a big difference especiall with no scholarships. Classes: I don't know if I can register for classes or if you need to do it.  I really have no idea.  I'll have to ask about that one.  If it takes as long as it has for me in the past then I probably wont be able to to do out here but I don't know.  I'll have to try to find out.  Release date:  Well I think I know the exact date but I'm not sure.  But I do know for sure that it's within a few days of the day I left.  So probably around the 28th-31st.  They send you a flight itinerary

 when they have it I believe so you'll probably know the EXACT date before I do, unless the exact date is the last date on my ministerial certificate then I already know.

 

Austin- The first picture dad sent me of the play that wasn't the panorama you look like you got in a fight and somebody clocked you good right in the eye.  Either that or you've turned into a druggy. I also liked your combover. So ya now that mom and dad answered me about your voice I can definitely say that you have Jordan and I beat.  But I think I can still say that I'll be able to clobber you at basketball and all that stuff so ya.  Have you gotten a lot better at basketball?  You should answer my questions.  Even if that's all your email says.  You can find the time to send me a quick little email.  It's just a question of priorities.  So if you could make it a priority to send your lonley big brother in Pennsylvania a quick email that would be great.  (Please say the guilt trip worked) :)

 

Jordan- That's cool that you had a change in faith.  I could tell a difference in this most recent letter and the letter from a week before that.  It was pretty cool.  20 New investigators?: So your mission has a weekly goal of every companionship to get 20 new investigators EVERY WEEK?  Is that true?  If so that's crazy.  I've never gotten more than 6 in a week. Crap my computer just said I have 5 minutes left and didn't let me extend and I still have write pres. release date- mom and dad will know your release date because they send them a fligh plan.

 

Dad- stage crew- sounds like the same old group, pictures- yes I'm taking pictures

 

Natasha- desserts- those dessers sounded good, basketball- we'll see about you beating me

 

Shaylee- How is life and school?  I haven'te heard from you in a while.

 

the church is true.  I know that god lives and that The Book of Mormon is the word of God.  I'm gratefull that Christ was will ing to die for me.  I know that because of him I can live again.

 

Gotta go.

 

bye

 

Elder John Schouten



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.