Can I just say that love conference? (If you say no to that question I'm going to say it anyway. There I just said it.) Anyway... I love conference. I love hearing the words of God for us. I don't know if I could pinpoint a single talk that was my favorite but I remember I really liked Elder Ballard and Elder Scott's talks. I also liked Donald L. Hallstrom's talk. He talked a lot about conversion and that's what I've been thinking about a lot lately and I went to conference with some questions and that talk answered them. It was really great. I love that we can go with questions and that God will answer them if we are sincerely seeking to know and are listening to the guidance of the spirit. Well I could ramble on forever about conference but I don't have the time, nor the patience, to write everything that I liked about conference. Let it suffice to say that it was a spiritual feast and that I can't wait to get the conference edition of the ensign.
So yes I got transferred. I am now in Bethlehem, PA. It's north of my last area, Souderton, by about an hour, of course if this were the west coast it would be 30-40 minutes. If any of you have been in the east you'll know what I mean when I say it takes forever to get anywhere here.) But I really like this area. I definitely think that it was inspired of God that I come here. The missionary I replaced just went home and he was pretty trunky and lets just say that he really did not understand his purpose as a missionary. He was good but wasn't as good as he could've been. I think that it's help me see that I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLYREALLY REALLY REALLY REALLYREALLY REALLY REALLY REALLYREALLY REALLY REALLY REALLYREALLY REALLY REALLY REALLYREALLY REALLY REALLY REALLYREALLY REALLY REALLY REALLYREALLY REALLY REALLY REALLYREALLY REALLY REALLY REALLYREALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to get trunky. I've seen in multiple missionaries lives what happens when they get trunky. It makes the work for those who come after you a lot more difficult. (Jordan if I find out that you get trunky at the end of your mission or anytime for that matter "I will break my foot off in your john brown hind parts and then you will run a mile." I hope you caught the reference.) So ya I have some cleaning up to do at the moment in my area. My new companions name is Elder Taylor. Haha not much of a switch ay? His name is Elder Taylor but he is different from the Elder Taylor that I was just with in Souderton. My companion is brand spankin' new. He's been out for 1 transfer (1 1/2 months). He got trained, sort of, so I get to come in and finish the training. The Church has a 12 week training program for new missionaries and he's only been through 6 weeks so I get to finish the last 6. His trainer definitely didn't teach him everything he needed to know. There have been a whole bunch of things that I've said "ok lets do this thing..." and he'll mention that he's never done that before. Like planning for new investigators in the weekly planning session. His trainer always apparently skipped that step. So ya I have to retrain him. Luckily he's really obedient so I don't have to motivate him. He's VERY self motivated. We have rather different personalities but we get along really well and we both want to work hard so things should be good. Ya lots of good stuff is in store in this area. I like it a lot already.
Well I just found out that I only have 15 minutes before the computer kicks me out so I got to hurry.
Dad- Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!! (yesterday) It is pretty strange that you were all by yourself for priesthood. Next time I'll be with you. Don't worry you wont be a loner next time. There will come a point when that will be a regular occurrence. Also I saw Uncle Morgan in the choir. I also saw that he's sporting a new moustache. That was new to me.
Mom- That's sad to hear about Monte. I remember you emailing me and telling me about monte's dad's gun accident. I feel sorry for his family. My new address is 1755 Shimer ave. apt 15 Bethlehem, PA 18018
Jordan- It is ironic that you mentioned you hope I don't have to retrain a missionary that someone else didn't do so great a job on? That's exactly what I have to do but he's obedient so all I have to do is to teach him how to be a missionary.
Austin- How was the bio trip?
Natasha- How are you doing? How are your basketball skills lately?
Shaylee- How have you been? Listen to mom and dad. They know what they are talking about. I wish I would've listened to them more.
I know that God lives. I know that he guides us through a living prophet today. I felt that confirmed to me again at conference. It was a great experience. I love Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful that He was willing to die for me and for everyone. I love the Book of Mormon. I know that it is truly the word of God and the evidence of the Restoration of the Gospel.
Love,
Elder John Schouten
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.