Thursday, April 26

John: 4/23/2012

This week hasn't been bad. We had a lot of appointments fall through.   It wasn't too bad though.  We still found stuff to do.  We're still working on building up our teaching pool.  We only have 1 sort of solid investigator and the rest of them are kind of flaky.  But we're working on building it back up.  Other than out appointments falling through there wasn't really much else that was stood out. 

 

We did have a lesson with an investigator named Kurt.  I've talked a little bit about him before.  We had a lesson with him on faith.  He is a super good guy and has a ton of potential but he has some real fears about certain things, how his family will look at him is one of them.  He's a great guy and hopefully we can help him along the path to the happiness of the gospel.  He's already pretty far along, we just have to help him build his faith so he can overcome his hurdles.

 

Mom- About being preachy.  I was just wondering.  I have heard a lot of preachy people and just preaching to people about how they need to do this and how they need to do that doesn't really help anything.  I was just wondering.  I'm glad you can tell that I'm going through growth... if I wasn't something would be wrong.   It got up to 79? Ooh boy That's pretty bad...  Just wait until it gets to be 90 degrees with humidity.  Wait there is no such thing as humidity in Utah.  You're lucky.  Luckily when it got up to 90 last week it was p-day so we didn't have to be outside in it all day. What is hop about.  I believe despicable me came out before I left but I didn't see it.  You can do a cartwheel?  Since when?  I didn't know that. Why did the Case's givea farewell talk?  Are they moving or something?  That's cool to hear about Alan & Scott.

 

Dad- I'm glad you didn't die when you were on the roof.  That would've been really bad.

 

Austin- You got an iphone?  That's pretty cool.  I hear those things are pretty neat.  Just a word of caution.  Those things are cool and can do a lot of good things but just like everything they can, if you so choose, do some pretty bad stuff.  So be careful.  It's just like a sword or a gun.  They can do some good stuff but if you aren't careful then they can mess you up pretty bad.  I'm not saying you're going to do stupid stuff I'm just saying be careful.  I'd hate to see you shoot yourself in the foot.  You have mads tryouts coming up?  Are you excited, or nervous?  Just wondering.  You'll probably make it in.  If I can make it in mads then you have a much better chance than Jordan or I did.  If you don't make it don't worry.  It's not the end of the world.  I didn't make madrigals in 9th grade.  I survived.  I was fine.  It's not the end of the world if you don't make it.

 

Natasha- I like your thought about Ibetta and diabetes. You are right.  She wont have diabetes in the Celestial Kingdom. I'm sure she doesn't like having diabetes.  Diabetes is a nasty disease.  You should make sure that you don't get it.  Also, Mythbusters is super cool.  I like that show a lot.  I liked your ogdijgrobat thing but I have no idea what pspsloaf means.  Maybe... pink skunks play sticky sports on a firework... I don't know.

 

Shaylee- Happy Birthday on the 30th.  I'll probably write you again before then but if I don't then I wished you happy birthday.  You can do a roundoff and a handspring?  What is that?  I think I know what it means but I'm not sure.  It sounds pretty cool. 

 

I love you all.  I know that God lives.  He loves us and cares about all that we do.  He wants us to be happy and everything He does for us it to bring us that happiness.  He has truly restored His gospel to the earth through Joseph Smith.  The Book of Mormon is the word of God.  I know that Jesus Christ suffered for us so we can repent.  It is through His Atonement that we can repent and become better.  The Atonement doesn't just make bad men good but it makes good men better.  In Aprils ensign there is an article by Elder Bednar about the enabling power of the Atonement.  It was an excellent talk.  I really learned a lot about the Atonemtent and what it does for us.  (If you get a chance you should read it.)  I know that it is through the Atonemtent that we can become like our Savior Jesus Christ.  Oh how blessed we are to have the gospel in our lives.  We are some of the blessed few who have the fulness.  It is our job to share it.

 

Love,

 

Elder John Schouten

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.