Monday, July 2

Natasha Mission Letter: Week 3

Hello friends and family!

Well I'm on my third week here at the MTC and may I just say that I am SO ready to leave! It's been good. It's been fun, but I'm done. Part of the reason is that the girls in my room are so obsessed with boys. There's been SO much boy talk and I'm sure you all know how much I love boy talk... 😑

So to start off we had a devotional on Sunday and all 12 apostles were there! Elder Cook spoke and it was a good talk, but what was the most powerful part of the meeting was when the apostles were leaving. The organist was playing Called to Serve and when he got to the chorus everybody started singing. I felt like it was something that you'd see in a really cheesy movie, but it was super cool. The spirit was super strong especially when it got to the part of the song that says, "God our strength will be, press forward ever, called to serve our King." I just thought it was super cool that I'm serving my "King" and that God will be my strength to press forward. 

On Monday the apostles were still at the MTC and I walked past 4 different apostles. There were a lot of other people around so we didn't get to shake their hands or anything, but I walked past Elder Jong, Uchtdorf, Holland and Stevenson. So ya this past Sunday and Monday were some of the better days of my life.

Can I just say I'm so sick of the song Called to Serve. I know I just talked about how I had a cool experience with that song, but still. Like yes I am called to serve, but do we have to sing that song almost every single day?

Also just a weird thing. There was a sister in my district who left this week who I feel like looked like an older Olivia Tanner. She looked and sounded exactly like her except for her hair was brown. 

Anyways, we had a devotional this Tuesday and there was a musical number and Chace Peterson was one of the singers. So naturally the musical number was beautiful.

I was able to host on Wednesday which was super fun, but so incredibly hot. I was dying. I hosted 4 different sisters. I also saw Sisters Anna Welch, Brynn Cole and Annie Prawitt. I knew Anna was coming in on Wednesday, but I didn't know about Brynn and obviously Annie was a surprise because she was originally supposed to go to the Brazil MTC. I have some pictures with Anna, but I haven't got any with Brynn or Annie yet so hopefully I'll be able to do that before I leave on Monday.

I have to teach in church tomorrow and I'm kind of stressing about it so wish me luck!

Well I feel like my letter is getting too long and there wasn't any other things that happened that were that exciting so I love you all! Have a fantastic week!

Love,
Sister Schouten

1. Me and Sister Brown
2. Us sisters with sister green. The best teacher ever
3. Me and Sister Belnap 
4. District with sister green and brother dishman 
5. The zone
6. Beautiful Provo temple
7. Sisters in front of the temple. Please ignore the awkward placing of my hand in this picture. 
(Good luck determining which picture ties to which number)












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.