Monday, July 23

Natasha Mission Letter: Week 6

Hello!

First off before I forget. The Mission office is moving so I'm supposed to send you the address so here you go:

Virginia Richmond Mission
4507 N Bailey Bridge Rd
Midlothian, VA 23112


Well on Tuesday this week I did exchanges with the Sister training leaders. I worked with Hermana Clark. Since we did exchanges in her area she spoke a lot of spanish while I just kind of listened. I was surprised by how much I actually understood. We had to ride bikes for a part of the day and me being as weak as I am almost died...

On Wednesday we didn't do much that is worth writing about. On Thursday we had interviews with President. That was cool. It was nice talking to him and to Sister Smith. That night we had dinner with the Wellings. Brother Welling is the ward mission leader. At the end of dinner Brother Welling was like, "Well I'm going to call your parents." and I was like, "Uh what?" He said, "Yeah. I call them and tell them that we'll take care of you while your here etc." and I thought, "You do understand that I'm a new missionary who is still very emotional?!"  but it was fine. It actually wasn't that bad. He didn't put the phone of speaker so I couldn't hear anything so I didn't cry like I thought I might.

On Friday we helped a lady in the ward with her plants. She's old so she couldn't really do it herself. Later that night we taught the Hernandez family again and I still don't know how many kids there are in that family. I think there's 9, but I could be missing someone.

On Saturday we went to a baptism for one of Sister Schumacher's investigators from her last area. The baptism was like an hour and a half away so by the time we drove there, went to the baptism and drove back it was like 3. Later we went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant and the waiters were really weird. Sister Schumacher was telling our waiter about the BofM and I couldn't tell if he was actually interested or if he was just messing with us. I felt like he wouldn't of been interested if we were elders to be honest...It was great, but actually it was awkward.

Sunday was church and we tracted around a bit, but nothing major happened.

Also I've had a cold for the past week and I lost my voice on Saturday so it was really funny to hear me crack on like every other word I said.

Well that was my week. Love you all!

Love,
Sister Schouten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.