Monday, July 16

Natasha Mission Letter

Hola familia!

 

Well what to say? So many emotions... It's the worst. I sometimes want to go back to being the old Tash who has no emotion. Also my hair is very much out of control. Which I can't say I didn't expect that to happen, but the humidity does not work with my hair.

 

So I was told by my mother to tell more about Sister Schumacher so here I go. She's from Arizona and she's been on her mission for about a year. She's super cool and a great trainer. She's really nice. I feel like we have very different senses of humor though. I feel like some of the things I say go right over her head, but that's ok. One funny thing is during companion study we sing a hymn acapella before we pray. She's a pretty good singer, but she sometimes goes a little flat and since I'm not a very loud singer we change keys like 5 times through the hymn. It's great... We've also been called the German sisters a lot by people in the ward because Sister Schumacher's last name is German and everyone thinks mine is because they all want to pronounce it "Shoutin."

 

This week I feel like I've learned a lot about trusting God and how Satan's the worst. I was reading the talk my mom gave on Sunday and one thing she said was, "Just as we have articles of faith, Satan and his minions must have articles of fear to aid them in their work. They might read something like this: "We believe that the first principles of despair and damnation are doubt God, doubt yourself doubt others, and most of all, be afraid--be very afraid of the future."

 

And at the end she quotes President Eyring which says,

 

"I testify that the Lord goes before your face whenever you are on His errand. Sometimes you will be the angel the Lord sends to bear others up. Sometimes you will be the one surrounded by angels who bear you up. But always you will have His Spirit to be in your heart, as you have been promised in every sacrament service. You have only to keep His commandments."

 

I feel like this pretty much sums up how I've felt this past week. I feel like Satan has really been trying to get me down and he's been successful a few times. He's caused me to fear and to forget my faith in God. But once I realize that those thoughts and feelings are from Satan, I'm able to remember God. I've literally felt God's angels bear me up when it's been hard.

 

Anyways,

 

On Tuesday we met this lady named Kay. She was probably like 70 or 80. She was a character. She was super funny. She thought it was super awesome that we were doing what we were doing. She told us about how her house is pretty messy and she can't do much about it because her back gives her problems. When we offered to do some service for her she said she would call us. I hope she really does because I want to serve and I thought it was super fun to talk to her.

 

On Wednesday and Thursday we didn't do anything really worth writing about. We just did a lot of tracting. We did go to buffalo wild wings on thursday though. It was awesome.

 

On Friday instead of going out tracting we had zone conference. Mom you can be proud of me. I sang in the musical number. The sister training leaders asked me and Sister Schumacher if we'd be willing to sing in the musical number and I said I would if they couldn't find anyone else which I guess they took for a yes because they sent us the music like an hour later. Friday was also my one month mark! Woo! So that's exciting to think about, but also it's not because that means I still have 17 more...

 

On Saturday we had a lesson with a guy named Will. Will's wife is a member and he has been taking lessons from missionaries for probably a year now. He's a super cool guy. I felt like the lesson went really well. He shared some really cool things about how much he values his relationship with God and how God doesn't leave us, but it's us who walk away from Him.

 

On Sunday we went to church and after sacrament the ward mission leader comes up to Sister Schumacher and me and says, "So I've got family at home so I need to leave so it's going to be up to you guys to teach gospel principles." 😑😑 I was like "Really? You really couldn't of given us more of a heads up?" It was fine though because the lesson went well.

 

Well that's pretty much my week. I'm sorry again for the super long letter and I'll try to make it shorter next week. I love you all! (Also we didn't take any pictures this week so I'll try to be better about that this week and take some.)

 

Love,

Sister Schouten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.